FULL-BODY BURIAL AT SEA...
While unfamiliar to most, (non-cremated) full-body burial at sea is allowed under the jurisdiction of the EPA. Burial at sea has been a time honored tradition for mariners and those with a fondness of the ocean for thousands of years. Full-Body burial at sea can be preformed using a casket or the body can be specially wrapped in a natural sail-cloth shroud. With either option, interment is carried out in approved federal waters off the coast of Long Beach California. Maritime Burials by Tribute Enterprises, works in concert with your local funeral home to offer your family this meaningful, eco-friendly and cost saving alternative to traditional burial.
WHY CONSIDER FULL-BODY BURIAL AT SEA...
- Full-Body Burial at Sea conserves our natural resources and saves considerable finances when compared to the expense of traditional cemetery burial. Imagine eliminating cemetery cost entirely while providing a meaningful and eco-friendly burial.
- When a family burial plot is not an option because of location, costs or other logistics. Full-Body Burial at Sea can offer your family a new tradition that expresses individuality, dignity and closure.
- When the need arises, close family members can be interred at the same coordinates allowing the same closure and significance of proximity traditional burial conveys.
- Long after interment, family members can visit the exact location for remembrance or for ceremonial purposes. Just visiting the ocean shore can evoke powerful memories of the loved ones we’ve returned to its awe-inspiring embrace.
- For many, burial at sea symbolizes a return to the very place which sustains life on our planet… a symbolic cycle of completion and harmony.
- Full-Body Burial at Sea can be provided in conjunction with a traditional funeral service (attended or non-attended).